Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Things I'm Thankful For

In keeping with the theme of yesterday's post, and given that Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought I would put up a list of things I'm thankful for.

Here goes, in no particular order:

My job: Even though I've been gainfully employed for over three years now, I still get a little thrill of excitement every other week when my paycheck is direct deposited into my bank account. Being paid is a wonderful thing, and something that I fully appreciate from my days of being "on the edge" - i.e.  being unemployed for a year from 2008-2009. And not only do I just get paid to do a job, I also get paid to do a job that is interesting, fulfilling and challenging!

My family: We do live far away from our families back home but I know how fortunate I am to have such wonderful parents and brother, and great in-laws! My parents, Scott and I have started a weekly tradition of "Skype linner" - where we Skype together while eating the same thing together in front of the camera - at lunchtime for them and dinnertime for us. It's a great way to spend some time together even while we are all the way in Africa.

My husband: I love being married! And that is all I'll say about that. :)

Our house: We do have fairly regular maintenance issues, electrical fence false alarms, bug invasions, etc.... all the same I really enjoy our house and even more enjoy the fact that we get to live here for free. And even MORE I enjoy the fact that we have a gardener and a housekeeper who does all of our laundry and irons every single piece of our clothing that goes through the washing machine. Wonderful.

Traveling: I am basically addicted to traveling as much as possible, and fortunately our lifestyle and location allows us to do that about once a month, if not more. One of the best perks of this job is getting to explore new places so frequently, because there are few things I enjoy more than the feeling of setting foot somewhere new for the first time.

Lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment